Monday, January 30

Swings and Slings and Other Things I Am Excited To Try With Baby Number Two!




With Harper, we were lucky to have use of a borrowed swing, it was a classic style and we loved it, this time we are looking to buy one and trying to decide between one like what we had before or one of the more modern style ones from 4 Moms. This type of swing has a much much smaller footprint which would be great for us since we live in an apartment.
I have had my eyes on a sling for a while now, I have a Moby Wrap and and Ergo Baby Carrier that I plan to use again, I love baby wearing and am hopeful that a sling will be a great addition to our gear. Honestly, previously, I was turned off by an image that I had of what slings look like that didn't fit with my style or self image. Then one caught my eye, and after that I started looking around on the internet and realizing how absolutely wrong I had been.
We do have a highchair for Harper, but I am including it on this list because of how eager I am for a replacement. I would list not holding up well as our our current chair's primary deficiency, but I am instead choosing to appreciate that between the issues with the tray not latching right and the cushions and straps not coming out well from being washed, it has reduced itself to a hunk of junk, justifying replacement. a replacement that will be easy to clean and not depress me with how unattractive it is every time I look in it's direction.
With Harper, instead of traditional burp clothes,we just used some random flannel receiving blankets which have since lived out their lives as household rags. This time I am planning om using cotton prefold diapers, which seem to be a popular option, and perhaps a few of the nice looking muslin sort.
Harper didn't really take to a bottle or pacifier, but we will be trying with this baby. both the Comotomo and Wubba Nub are styles I have heard lots of good things about so, I think we will start there.
I had never heard of them before when I won a set of silver nursing cups, in a raffle. They are supposed to be amazing for soothing and comfort in the early days of breastfeeding, and I think it is cool that they are made of real silver and can be recycled, by the manufacturer, into jewelry.

No comments: