Monday, January 16

5-8 Weeks Pregnant - Pregnancy Diary

~Five Weeks~

This week the baby's heart starts beating!

Lately, I am not having as much cramping or feeling as intensely bloated as I was last week, but I am feeling more nausea and heartburn. With Harper (aka Baby Burgess #1) was was a bit nauseous (I remember feeling so sick through Thanksgiving dinner that I imagined I must look green. I only threw up once that whole pregnancy and that was when I was extremely, emotionally upset about something as well as feeling ill from pregnancy. Most of the time, I can feel horrible and it just doesn't happen. Lately though, I have been feeling like it might really happen.
My other main symptom is fatigue, during the day, I have been napping with Harper whenever I have the chance (though his naps have been hit or miss lately) and barely staying up past his bedtime.

~Six Weeks~

We have been thinking about baby names! I have been obsessed with names since I was a little girl, maybe because mine is unusual.
I am about 90% sure I know what we will name this baby, if they are a girl! We also have some boy names in mind. One thing I do enjoy about early pregnancy is being able to think about names without feeling intense pressure make a final choice.

I am so tired right now, but it is a toss up as to if it is more because of being pregnant or because Harper is up multiple times per night. One thing that is clearly different, I am having trouble falling back asleep after I wake up to with Harper or to use the bathroom.
I  had a few days of not being very neausious, and then an afternoon with a super upset stomach.

~Seven Weeks~

The baby is now the size of a blueberry!
Being in this early, most precarious stage of pregnancy where we are most at risk for a negative outcome and least able to tell what is going on (I felt a bit better, with Harper when I could feel him moving around all the time), I am trying hard not to dwell on miscarriage fears and really looking forward to but also nervous about our ultrasound appointment that will finally be happening next week.

I am soooooo tired, like having trouble functioning, sort of tired. And emotional, I have burst into tears twice in the past few days, both times it was because of situations that were legitimately upsetting, but not the sort that I would normally cry over. I have also teared up while watching a tv drama, which is something I might ordinarily do, s - still, taken with the other crying incidents, It certainly seems like a lot. I don't think I was this emotional when I was pregnant with Harper.

~Eight Weeks~

We finally, after waiting for what felt like forever had our first OB appointment and ultrasound. I was nervous going in, knowing the risk of early miscarriage and having had pregnancy loss happen to so many people I care about, it is hard for me not to be anxious about it. At this ultrasound they were also checking to see how many babies are in there. There is one, seeing and hearing his or her heartbeat was such a relief. I know it doesn't guarantee things will keep going well, but it was nice to know that in that moment things were looking good and from a statistical standpoint, the pregnancy's chances are better going forward.

I am still nauseous,  tired  having trouble sleeping. There is so much to think about, both exciting stuff and worries, with a new baby on the way. 




No comments: