Saturday, January 14

4 Weeks Pregnant - Pregnancy Diary


 I have been keeping this pregnancy diary since I first found out I am pregnant, making notes around the end of each week. I am excited (you will notice I use that word a lot in this post!) to be sharing it with you now, starting with the earliest entry. I plan to post the rest of the past entries over the next few weeks, catching up to the present and then continuing to share for the rest of my pregnancy.

Finding Out
I had a random sort of heartburn, acid reflux type feeling one morning, 11 dpo (days post ovulation), the only other time I have ever had heartburn was when I was pregnant with Harper. So, I took a test, thinking even if I was pregnant the test might not pick it up. But there it was, a very faint line. I tested again the next day, and started planning how I would tell Rob the good news. With my first pregnancy, he was right with me when I tested, this time this time I wanted to surprise him a little. 

Telling My Husband
We were out for coffee, having just sat down at a table with out drinks, Harper beside me, happily munching a croissant, Rob was across from me, spreading cream cheese on a bagel. I pulled out my phone and said that I wanted to show him a picture I had taken the other day.

"OK", he said,  gesturing for me to give him my phone.

"Umm, you should put your bagel down...because I don't want cream cheese on my phone" I said, really just wanting him to be focused on the moment that I handed him this:

burgess blog
when I said the line was faint I was not exaggerating

After a few seconds, understanding to flashed across his face.

"you're pregnant!?" He shot out of his seat with a huge smile and a big kiss for me. Followed by his asking why I decided to tell him at the coffee shop, because, according to him you take someone out in public to share bad news not great news. But he did concede that I succeeded in catching him off guard. 

How I Am Feeling

Physically,  the most acute symptom I have had so far is cramping and backache which I also had early on in my first pregnancy. I have also been a little thirstier than usual and feel a bit bloated.

Since telling Rob, the pregnancy has started to feel so much more real, I also had bloodwork done, a few days after my positive test to confirm the pregnancy and make sure everything seems to be progressing as it should. Now, I don't get to go back for my first real doctor's appointment and ultrasound for almost a month. It is going to be so hard to wait that long! I understand that they wouldn't be able to see much of anything at this point considering that Baby Burgess #2 is about the size of a poppy seed. But, we already love this little poppy seed so, so much!
burgess blog
baby is the size of a poppy seed
I am nervous, because it is super early in the pregnancy, but so excited! I am really looking forward to feeling feel the baby moving, having a cute bump and having shared the news with friends and family. Rob said he is afraid he will spill the secret, because it is basically the first thing he wants to say to everyone he talks to, I couldn't agree more. And it will be interesting trying to keep this under wraps the next few months.




No comments: