Sunday, May 21

What's In My Hospital Bag

I love reading these kind of post, partially to get ideas for what I might want to bring to the hospital and partially just to get a little glimpse into someone else's life through what they feel the need to bring with them when they go to have their baby. 
I am aiming for a VBAC, but also packed with a possible repeat c-section in mind and the knowledge that my hospital stay could be 2-4 days depending. I have separate bags packed for my baby and husband, which I plan to show in another post.

•iPad 
•Headphones
•Two generously sized shortsleeve t- shirts and one long sleeve
•One pair of yoga pants and one pair of maternity leggings
•One pair of fuzzy socks. I have been looking for slippers, since my old ones have worn out, but haven't found any I love. 
•One nursing tank
•One nursing bra
•A few large pads
•Belly Binder I am packing the big ugly bandage looking one left over from my c-section, I plan to get a Belly Bandit after a week or two, that way I don't risk buying the wrong size initially. 
•Four pairs of high waisted, cotton panties. I was not a fan of the mesh ones hey gave me last time.
•Swim suit top My hospital has labor tubs, I may get to use.
•Skirt that could go on the water. Also, for tub labor, clearly.
•Robe
•Flip flops for the shower
Makeup:
I loved being able to shower and put on makeup before having visitors, last time. 
Naked 3 is my favorite eyeshadow pallet and probably my favorite makeup item.
•Toiletries:
I don't have much for my hair, I am planning to wash it with the everyone shampoo/body wash, brush through some lotion and stick it up in a top knot. 
Snacks:Coconut Water, Almonds, Dark Chocolate
Wallet
Phone, charger and pocket juice
•Eyeglasses

No comments: