Thursday, October 29

October We Love You - Halloween Week Fun!

halloween costume
fall family fun
halloween craftSpookiw Pookie, Five Little Pumpkins, Where Is Baby's Pumpkin?
boo

October is one of the things Indiana does best. It has long been my favorite my favorite month of the year, and it is a a special time of year for us Burgesses, Rob and I got engaged Halloween 2008, Harper's birthday is in July (so, um, counting backwards....), this week has been especially splendid. 
We dressed Harper in his Halloween costume and let him play in the fall leaves before heading to the family Halloween event at our local library where he got his first taste of trick-r-treating at the stations they had set up throughout the building and got an up-close introduction to several "creepy" creatures  including a large snake (I think it was a boa), giant cockroaches, assorted amphibians and a tarantula. 
We hit up the pumpkin patch one more time, At home, we painted a few of our pumpkins. Harper was excited at first. He has been admiring the pumpkins ever since we brought them home, pointing at them and exclaiming, "those!" And even once, randomly giving one of them a kiss. (He really is my son!) But, he was pretty skeptical about the actual painting, I imagine pumpkin painting will be more of a hit with him next year. Meanwhile, I did a little pumpkin decorating of my own, with the cutest flocked bat stickers that I got in a kit. I love bats!
Rob and I have been having lots Halloween music dance parties with Harper (of course, he loves the "Monster Mash") and reading our favorite Halloween board books, ("Spooky Pookie" is our new favorite!) and dressing him in Halloween clothes almost every day! We have also been drinking hot chai and cold apple cider, popping popcorn and trying to watch a few of our favorite scary movies and TV episodes after he is asleep. We are hoping to fit in a visit to the Funky Bones and still have jack-o-lanterns to carve, trick-r-treating on the actual day and more to look forward to, I only wish October could last longer!

2 comments:

JiMele said...

You guys had a BLAST in October! :) I remember the monster mash at your Halloween party one year ;)

MaryLMeyer said...

I love hearing about your fun Halloween last year. I can only imagine how fun it will be this year!