Friday, September 4

Cotton Candy Grapes!?



This afternoon we tried cotton candy grapes for the first time. All summer, I have been pretty into grapes, just the typical varieties. Cotton Candy Grapes are exactly the kind of thing I would ordinarily pass over in the grocery store, thinking, what ungodly process must have produced these? And why would a grape need to taste like anything other than a grape? But, late last night while I was poking around on the internet (because I have a sick and teething baby who wanted to nurse every 40 min, I kid you not) I learned that cotton candy grapes are naturally cultivated to taste the way they do and they are a pretty hot item right now, as it is their season and supply is limited. So, when I saw them in Target this morning, it felt like fate! And...they really do taste like cotton candy! It has been many years since I had any of the reall thing, but I recognized the distinct flavor right away. Baby Burgess, who has never had cotton candy, loves them. 

No comments: